The Marsh is home to one of the few Warm Water Pools in the Twin Cities area. This pool offers a wonderful therapeutic environment to support the health and wellbeing of our clients. We use the pool to help clients increase relieve stress, reduce pain, increase their functional capacity and improve their quality of life. It is a wonderful environment for the delivery of Aquatic Bodywork services.
What is Aquatic Bodywork?
It is easiest to think of Aquatic Bodywork as a floating water massage that incorporates stretching and massage techniques to address a client’s therapeutic needs at the time of the treatment. Clients receive the massage lying down, supported by the buoyancy of the water, the Certified Aquatic Bodywork Practitioner and various flotation devices. This takes weight off the vertebrae and allows the spine to be stretched in healing ways not possible on land.
Who benefits from Aquatic Bodywork?
Individuals experiencing any of the following.
• Sore, stiff muscles
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Sleep Disorders
• Stress, Anxiety, Difficulty Relaxing
• Post Surgical Rehabilitation (pending your physician’s approval)
What are the benefits of receiving Aquatic Bodywork?
• Strengthens muscles
• Increases flexibility
• Increases blood circulation
• Decreases muscle spasms
• Controls pain
• An opportunity to experience a deep state of relaxation and sense of peacefulness
Please call the Spa at 952-935-8905 to learn more and schedule your appointment.
ABOUT THE WARM WATER POOL
The Marsh is set on the edge of a scenic Minnetonka wetland. The pool area features floor to ceiling windows to allow natural light to flow into the space and offer those in the pool a scenic view of the wetland.
The pool’s 94° thermo neutral temperature creates a therapeutic warm water environment where people can be in the water for an extended period of time.
The temperature and humidity in the pool area are continually balanced to provide the optimal environment for aquatic therapy.
A Functional Pool, as opposed to a Lap Pool, it features:
• zero depth entry
• wheel chair water access ramp (4’ wide x 25’ long)
• depths ranging from 4’6” to 8’, with incremental drops in depth at 4’, 4’ 6”, 5’ and 8’
• a 25’ walking lane for de-conditioned clients
• a four foot area for working therapy
• ample space for multiple activities occurring simultaneously
• direct water access to a whirlpool spa (3’ 6” deep).